Registration & Renewal
Before registering domains for a customer, we require that customers read and accept the following terms and conditions. Acceptance of these terms will form a contract between Green Duck and the party for whom we are registering the domain.
- Our standard domain registration term is 2 years *
- The cost of a .co.uk domain registration is £35.00 for a 2 year term**
- All domains are renewed on a bi-annual basis
- We will send out reminder emails 30 days, 14 days and 7 days before expiry. At each milestone the registrant will be required to respond with instruction to either renew the domain or to cancel it. Registrants will have to read and accept Nominet and green Duck T’s & C’s before a renewal is processed.
- If domains are set to auto renew, emails will be sent to the registrant with a link to terms and conditions, which the registrant will have to accept
- We will send the emails to the email address on the account, it is the registrant’s responsibility to make sure their contact details are up to date. GreenDuck take no responsibility if your domain renewal fails due to your contact details being incorrect.
- Renewal fees are set to the same as the original purchase fee and there are no additional administration charges for the renewal of a domain.
- If you do not wish to renew a domain please make sure you contact us a minimum of 14 days before your domain expires by responding to our emails with instruction to allow the domain to expire.
- If you do not renew your domain before its expiry date it will have all services we provide suspended and you will have up to 30 days (protected period) after to renew the domain name at the original renewal fee.
- After 30 days your domain will be suspended and will go into a 90 day grace period which you can still renew your domain name but with an additional redemption fee of £30 + VAT. This must be requested by email before the 80th day after your domain has expired, after 60 days your domain will be cancelled and deleted from the register and made available for resale through a third party registrar. Green Duck will not guarantee the renewal of a domain name that falls outside of this period.
*Longer term registrations can be dealt with on request and charges will be dependent on the period of time a domain is registered for
Here at Green Duck we aim to get it right all the time, every time but the truth of it is everyone gets it wrong from time to time. We can only improve on our services with valid feedback from you, our customers.
- If you wish to make a complaint about a service you have received, please submit an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org including as much detail from the issue you have. We will acknowledge your complaint within 1 business day and aim to resolve any issues within 5 business days.
- If you’re not happy with the initial outcome of your complaint, than please feel free to escalate your issue to Nominet (the .uk registry) here: http://www.nominet.org.uk/disputes/complaining-about-registrar/complaints-procedure
If you wish to raise a complaint about abuse you have received (phishing scams, spam emails etc), please contact us using the contact form below. Please include as much detail as possible about the abuse.